Thursday, July 30, 2009

Training at the beach!

Spent last week at Holden Beach, NC. It was dee-lightful, and I'd still be there enjoying the sun ad surf if I could. Not much to say, other than the fact that after every run I was nothing more than a feel good puddle of sweat. Humidity was insane, but then...that is the southern coast. As hot as it was, it was kinda neat being all sweaty wet. Made me feel like I really accomplished something. Strange, I know.
Ok, here's the training report...
Sunday, 7/19 - 10 miles (1:25), long run, flat road
Monday, rest day - walked about 6 miles with Mom (3 road, 3 beach)
Tuesday - 4 miles (32:42). Legs felt heavy.
Weds - ran 3 on road, walked 3+ on beach
Thursday - rest. Calf really sore.
Friday - ran 3, walked 1.5, ran 1 full speed (7:14), walked .5. I was in an experimental mood.
Saturday - walked 5 (leisurely with Aunt)

2 comments:

  1. Nice work outs & your pace on the long run was fantastic! It sure sounds like you have some nice options as far as nice places to run/walk.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Where I live it's really hilly, so running on the flat was quite nice. :)

    ReplyDelete