Monday, August 17, 2009

bonus - a rut?

So, it's Monday nite. Should have been a rest day, but I had to tweak b/c I decided to run a 5K race this Sat. nite, and that's normally my long run day. Issue: Feeling so tired!
So, yesterday was a x-train day. I did an elliptical w/o for 60 min. It was my first ever. It was a little boring, but not terrible. It felt like a good w/o, but I have no idea how to gauge it. It felt tough as I moved along, raised the incline and resistance...and I was pouring sweat.
Today rolls around, and I didn't run in the AM as planned. Had to wait until about 5:30. It was blazing hot and humid, and I really didn't feel like doing anything..but in my mind, I was so wanting to run. Body and mind were arguing. Well, they argued throughout the run, but the mind won out. I completed the 4 miles on mostly flat paved path. It was tough tho. And now...now I'm beat.
The thing is, I have 7 tomorrow and 4 Weds. I'm used to going a mile or so longer than the plan suggests, but lately, I'm just about keeping up. Drats. Rest day will be Thurs. and the 14 mile long run will be Friday. I'm really nervous this week that I won't make it on Friday. My mind and heart want it...bad!! I just have to motivate my body to do it.
Is this a rut? I hope to snap out of it, b/c I still have a long way to go till 11/9...marathon day.
Anyway..just wanted to include how I'm feeling now, b/c it's the first time I ever felt stuck, and well, it's part of the journey I guess.
Going to bed now. Hey, reader...wake up. It's over.


No comments:

Post a Comment