Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Week 5 + some thanks.

Less than 40 days the the Lehigh Valley Health Network Half Marathon. I'm feeling pretty good about it. 12 weeks till OBX mara...taking it one day at a time. :)

Sunday - x-train: P-90X Yoga. I hate yoga!! I know it's good for me, it stretches me, strengthens my core, etc...but I just do not like it. Not sure why, but it's not my thing. It was for certain a great workout though.
Monday - rest. Ab ripper X...love the abs workouts!
Tuesday - 5 miles, mostly flat path. It was a good run, but the legs were still sore either from the weekend's long run, or the yogaX. Didn't time it.
Weds. - 7.5 miles, road, hilly (1:01). It was hot and humid, and my body was just tired. Not the best feeling run, but still feel great that I finished. Oh...walked a tiny bit.
Thurs. - 4 miles on the path. 30:34...I think that's a PR. Yahoo! Felt like I was exerting, but not to the max. Happy bout that.
Friday - rest. Walked 5.5 with KR. Leisurely, but I think it irritated the calf. Grrrr.
Saturday - 12 miles, road, hilly (1:42). Gorgeous morning! Great run!! I used GU for the first time. Strawberry...not too bad. I stashed a bottle of water and happen to have picked a great place, b/c I was able to have it after about 1 hour (just the time I had been hoping for). I'll definitely do that again. Hate carrying stuff w/me.
Lilly, the marathon dog, was along. We took a moment to hydrate and refuel, and pressed on. She ran like a champ. Didn't even appear to want to quit.
I felt great at the end, with the exception of the left calf which was kinda annoyed with me. Too bad. Iced, massaged, used The Stick in the evening. It's been something like 8 months that I've been dealing with the mean calf. Running with my Zensah sleeve saves me though. I <3>

Ok, well, this week was pretty good. I find that the more I train, the more I like it! Confidence is building (ever so slowly), and I'm at the point where I really believe I can reach the goal, complete this first marathon. NEVER before did I ever imagine I'd be in this place. I'm overjoyed and so grateful to a few close friends (TS, KR, EK), my twitter friends, and my family...for supporting me, believing in me, and being an incredible source of inspiration and encouragement every day. Thx!!

No comments:

Post a Comment